Wednesday 30 October 2019

The Courier From Hell


A follow up to my post “How to Destroy 20 Years of Customer Loyalty”.

It took a while longer, but at my request my contract with my old service provider was finally downgraded on 7 October. I'm not able to cancel it yet as I still need my old email addresses until I’m able to get my contact information updated on all the websites I use. I’m really struggling with some of them.

Aside from that, life has returned to normal. Or at least I thought it had.

Yesterday the courier came back to collect the router he’d already taken seven weeks earlier. How could I give him something I didn’t have? I was furious.

Actually that’s not completely accurate. He said he’d come to collect a phone so I was really baffled about the whole situation. It was hard for me to read the collection note on the cell phone he was holding and I couldn’t even find details of the company on whose behalf he was making the collection. We’ve had phone trouble too, so I couldn’t be 100% sure he hadn’t come to collect our phone.

My only contact with that courier had been related to the router though, so I felt certain that was what he really wanted. But I still needed to confirm that I was right. I also wanted proof of what he’d requested. The solution seemed obvious. I would take a photo of his screen so that I could examine the collection note thoroughly when he’d gone.

Although I made my intentions clear, in the 30 seconds it took me to fetch my camera he had already returned to his car and when I asked him to bring the note back he simply drove off. How was I supposed to get more information from his company if I had no details about the collection other than his license plate number?

I tried though. As soon as he’d left I sent an email to the company’s queries department. That email was read by six people, but so far not one of them has bothered to answer.

This morning he was back. With a big smile he told me that I was right and he’d come to deliver my parcel. Only I couldn’t accept it. As I’ve downgraded my contract, the router doesn’t belong to me.

Once more I was forced to send him away. Once more I contacted the queries department. Now I’m waiting to see if they ever respond.


No comments:

Post a Comment